Good health for the children of the world is a priority of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In 2007 and 2011, LDS Charities (LDSC), the social arm of the Church, provided a donation to the Department of Health (DoH) for the purchase of Measles Rubella (MR) vaccine in support of their Measles Immunization Program conducted regularly every 3-4 years.
Intermittent rain did not dampen the spirit of some 200 Mormon Helping Hand volunteers from Daugpan who participated in an information dissemination for the Measles Campaign of the Department of Health (DoH).
Mormon Helping Hands volunteers join the nation in a measles campaign in preparation for the September Measles Mass Immunization program. Seminars on how to conduct the Rapid Coverage Assessment were given by Department of Health personnel to help volunteers know the process of conducting the RCA.
- Mormon Leaders Pay VP Binay a Courtesy Visit
- Philippines Missionary Training Center Dedicated
- Mormon Temple Takes Part in Gabii sa Kabilin
- Mormon Leader Presents Wreath at American Memorial Cemetery
- DSWD, NCFF Celebrates International Day of Families
- Who are the Mormons?
- LDS.org - Find in-depth resources primarily for Church members to help them learn more about the teachings of Jesus Christ.
- CRS, LDS Charities Build Temporary Housing in CDOpablo
- Church Responds to Typhoon Pablo
- Rotary, LDS Charities Continue Wheelchair Partnership in Cebu
- LDS Charities: Changing Filipino Lives
- USNS Mercy, Staffed by Medical Professional Volunteers, Blesses Lives in the Philippines
- Ambassador Cuisia Visits Church Headquarters
- Gatdula, Castro Attend the International Law and Religion Symposium at BYU
- LDS Church Invites Atty. Jeremy Gatdula as International Law and Religion Symposium Delegate
Since 1915, the family home evening program, established by Church leadership, has encouraged Latter-day Saint parents to build and strengthen family relationships. Today, “family home evenings” are generally held weekly on Monday nights. Full Story »
To provide an introduction to the Church in the Philippines, the Public Affairs Department released a new 9-minute video highlighting the Church, its members, and its various programs. Full Story »
From The Blog
The Mormon Helping Hands program brings together members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and their neighbors to provide community service. These volunteers in their trademark yellow shirts help people whose lives have been affected by natural disasters and other emergencies.Read More »