The need to promote dignity and respect for Persons with Disabilities (PWD) was highlighted during the month of July as the nation celebrated PWD Awareness Month. The theme, “Breaking Barriers, Opening Doors,” paved the way for Memorandum of Understanding signings between LDS Charities (LDSC), the social arm of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, with various organizations for the implementation of the wheelchair training and distribution program.
Volunteers help Rep. Lucy Torres-Gomez distribute shelter kits to her constituents from the 4th District of Ormoc
More than 100 Mormon Helping Hand volunteers served their "Ormocanon" neighbors by sorting and laying shelter kit materials on the ground for distribution on June 27, 2014 at the Ormoc Stake Center.
- Mormon Leaders Pay VP Binay a Courtesy Visit
- Philippines Missionary Training Center Dedicated
- Mormon Temple Takes Part in Gabii sa Kabilin
- Mormon Leader Presents Wreath at American Memorial Cemetery
- DSWD, NCFF Celebrates International Day of Families
- Who are the Mormons?
- LDS.org - Find in-depth resources primarily for Church members to help them learn more about the teachings of Jesus Christ.
- CRS, LDS Charities Build Temporary Housing in CDOpablo
- Church Responds to Typhoon Pablo
- Rotary, LDS Charities Continue Wheelchair Partnership in Cebu
- LDS Charities: Changing Filipino Lives
- USNS Mercy, Staffed by Medical Professional Volunteers, Blesses Lives in the Philippines
- Ambassador Cuisia Visits Church Headquarters
- Gatdula, Castro Attend the International Law and Religion Symposium at BYU
- LDS Church Invites Atty. Jeremy Gatdula as International Law and Religion Symposium Delegate
Since 1915, the family home evening program, established by Church leadership, has encouraged Latter-day Saint parents to build and strengthen family relationships. Today, “family home evenings” are generally held weekly on Monday nights. Full Story »
To provide an introduction to the Church in the Philippines, the Public Affairs Department released a new 9-minute video highlighting the Church, its members, and its various programs. Full Story »
From The Blog
The Mormon Helping Hands program brings together members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and their neighbors to provide community service. These volunteers in their trademark yellow shirts help people whose lives have been affected by natural disasters and other emergencies.Read More »