The Family History Department of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints represented by Manolito "Manny" Baul, and the Roman Catholic Diocese of Borongan through its Archbishop, Most Rev. Crispin B. Varquez, DD entered into a joint agreement to microfilm and digitize records.
Reprinted with permission from Dr. Antonio Montalvan II, columnist of Philippine Daily Inquirer
They are as newsworthy as the Bangsamoro framework agreement, but unlikely to make headline news. That’s because the participants are no political stalwarts but ordinary Mindanao folks. And even if they are given the hype, the skeptics will be there thinking that the goal of these undertakings is simply impossible.
Andrea Soleta has always believed in dreaming big. Ever since she was a little girl, her bedroom was adorned with a Brigham Young University (BYU) poster on the wall. BYU located in Utah, USA was where she wanted to study for college. Her dreams included going around the world, winning a beauty contest, graduating from BYU, and marrying in the temple.
- Mormon Leaders Pay VP Binay a Courtesy Visit
- Philippines Missionary Training Center Dedicated
- Mormon Temple Takes Part in Gabii sa Kabilin
- Mormon Leader Presents Wreath at American Memorial Cemetery
- DSWD, NCFF Celebrates International Day of Families
- Who are the Mormons?
- LDS.org - Find in-depth resources primarily for Church members to help them learn more about the teachings of Jesus Christ.
- CRS, LDS Charities Build Temporary Housing in CDOpablo
- Church Responds to Typhoon Pablo
- Rotary, LDS Charities Continue Wheelchair Partnership in Cebu
- LDS Charities: Changing Filipino Lives
- USNS Mercy, Staffed by Medical Professional Volunteers, Blesses Lives in the Philippines
- Ambassador Cuisia Visits Church Headquarters
- Gatdula, Castro Attend the International Law and Religion Symposium at BYU
- LDS Church Invites Atty. Jeremy Gatdula as International Law and Religion Symposium Delegate
Since 1915, the family home evening program, established by Church leadership, has encouraged Latter-day Saint parents to build and strengthen family relationships. Today, “family home evenings” are generally held weekly on Monday nights. Full Story »
To provide an introduction to the Church in the Philippines, the Public Affairs Department released a new 9-minute video highlighting the Church, its members, and its various programs. Full Story »
From The Blog
The Mormon Helping Hands program brings together members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and their neighbors to provide community service. These volunteers in their trademark yellow shirts help people whose lives have been affected by natural disasters and other emergencies.Read More »