Members of First Presidency, Quorum of the Twelve Meet with U.S. President
President Barack Obama met with Church leaders Thursday night in Salt Lake City and expressed his appreciation for the Church’s leadership role in seeking a balance between religious freedom and nondiscrimination. He also praised the Church’s worldwide humanitarian aid and disaster relief efforts.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will launch an Easter initiative focusing on the teachings of Jesus Christ on Saturday, March 28, 2015. The “Because He Lives” initiative is expected to reach millions through social media, month-long displays in select visitors’ centers, member and missionary tools and online paid promotion on hundreds of Internet sites.
- Mormon Leaders Pay VP Binay a Courtesy Visit
- Philippines Missionary Training Center Dedicated
- Mormon Temple Takes Part in Gabii sa Kabilin
- Mormon Leader Presents Wreath at American Memorial Cemetery
- DSWD, NCFF Celebrates International Day of Families
- Who are the Mormons?
- LDS.org - Find in-depth resources primarily for Church members to help them learn more about the teachings of Jesus Christ.
- CRS, LDS Charities Build Temporary Housing in CDOpablo
- Church Responds to Typhoon Pablo
- Rotary, LDS Charities Continue Wheelchair Partnership in Cebu
- LDS Charities: Changing Filipino Lives
- USNS Mercy, Staffed by Medical Professional Volunteers, Blesses Lives in the Philippines
- Ambassador Cuisia Visits Church Headquarters
- Gatdula, Castro Attend the International Law and Religion Symposium at BYU
- LDS Church Invites Atty. Jeremy Gatdula as International Law and Religion Symposium Delegate
Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints worldwide gather twice yearly for what they call “general conference.” This is in addition to their weekly worship services each Sunday. Full Story »
Atonement is the ransom paid by Jesus Christ, through His suffering in Gethsemane and His death on the cross, which nullifies the effects of sin. Christ’s atonement allows everyone to be resurrected. For those who repent of their sins, it also opens the way to continued growth and progression through the eternities. Full Story »
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints believes in the importance of defending and preserving religious freedom throughout the world. Significant speeches given by leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints address the Church’s position on religious freedom: Full Story »
From The Blog
The Mormon Helping Hands program brings together members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and their neighbors to provide community service. These volunteers in their trademark yellow shirts help people whose lives have been affected by natural disasters and other emergencies.Read More »