Religious leaders and scholars representing 14 faith traditions from 23 countries assembled at the Vatican November 17-19, 2014, in a historic gathering hosted by the Catholic Church to discuss how men and women complement each other in marriage.
For many years the Church has had a reference section on its main website for various "gospel topics," listed in alphabetical order. Beginning in November of 2013 the Church began supplementing the material there by publishing in-depth essays on topics of special public interest, including accounts of Joseph Smith’s First Vision, the Book of Mormon translation process and many more (see complete list below).
Despite the devastation brought by Typhoon Yolanda, families living in areas on the path of the typhoon made conscious, active effort to lift their lives and provide for their families. Family members availed of the different programs and projects provided by LDS Charities and Self-Reliance Services of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Mormon Leaders Pay VP Binay a Courtesy Visit
- Philippines Missionary Training Center Dedicated
- Mormon Temple Takes Part in Gabii sa Kabilin
- Mormon Leader Presents Wreath at American Memorial Cemetery
- DSWD, NCFF Celebrates International Day of Families
- Who are the Mormons?
- LDS.org - Find in-depth resources primarily for Church members to help them learn more about the teachings of Jesus Christ.
- CRS, LDS Charities Build Temporary Housing in CDOpablo
- Church Responds to Typhoon Pablo
- Rotary, LDS Charities Continue Wheelchair Partnership in Cebu
- LDS Charities: Changing Filipino Lives
- USNS Mercy, Staffed by Medical Professional Volunteers, Blesses Lives in the Philippines
- Ambassador Cuisia Visits Church Headquarters
- Gatdula, Castro Attend the International Law and Religion Symposium at BYU
- LDS Church Invites Atty. Jeremy Gatdula as International Law and Religion Symposium Delegate
Religion is an important part of our social fabric and civil society. It calls on us toserve our fellow man, to focus more on family and to contribute to the common good of the community. Full Story »
The following news releases and videos cover the Church's response to the November 2013 typhoon in the Philippines. Full Story »
From The Blog
The Mormon Helping Hands program brings together members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and their neighbors to provide community service. These volunteers in their trademark yellow shirts help people whose lives have been affected by natural disasters and other emergencies.Read More »