Dr. Aileen Espina was experiencing the devastation of Supertyphoon Yolanda firsthand and tells how the sea came inland and totally engulfed the parking lot of the Eastern Visayas Regional Medical Center (EVRMC) making it look like it was the sea. Despite the damage, EVRMC continued to provide service.
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra and Temple Square are entertaining children and adults who are young at heart for their annual Christmas concert this year. Guest artists Broadway star Santino Fontana and the “Sesame Street” Muppets™ have joined the choir for several concerts, including performances in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City from December 11-13, 2014.
- Mormon Leaders Pay VP Binay a Courtesy Visit
- Philippines Missionary Training Center Dedicated
- Mormon Temple Takes Part in Gabii sa Kabilin
- Mormon Leader Presents Wreath at American Memorial Cemetery
- DSWD, NCFF Celebrates International Day of Families
- Who are the Mormons?
- LDS.org - Find in-depth resources primarily for Church members to help them learn more about the teachings of Jesus Christ.
- CRS, LDS Charities Build Temporary Housing in CDOpablo
- Church Responds to Typhoon Pablo
- Rotary, LDS Charities Continue Wheelchair Partnership in Cebu
- LDS Charities: Changing Filipino Lives
- USNS Mercy, Staffed by Medical Professional Volunteers, Blesses Lives in the Philippines
- Ambassador Cuisia Visits Church Headquarters
- Gatdula, Castro Attend the International Law and Religion Symposium at BYU
- LDS Church Invites Atty. Jeremy Gatdula as International Law and Religion Symposium Delegate
An effort to share a message about Jesus Christ during the Christmas season is underway by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The month-long Christmas initiative focuses on Heavenly Father’s love as demonstrated in the sacred gift of Jesus Christ. Full Story »
The typhoon may have damaged many things but never the Filipino resolve to rise above the challenges around him. Full Story »
For many years the Church has had a reference section on its main website for various "gospel topics," listed in alphabetical order. Beginning in November of 2013 the Church began supplementing the material there by publishing in-depth essays on topics of special interest. Full Story »
From The Blog
The Mormon Helping Hands program brings together members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and their neighbors to provide community service. These volunteers in their trademark yellow shirts help people whose lives have been affected by natural disasters and other emergencies.Read More »