LDS Charities, Mormon Helping Hands: Service in Pictures
Typhoon Yolanda's devastation brought about two kinds of convergence-people wanting to get out of Tacloban, and people wanting to get in to extend humanitarian aid and services not only in Tacloban but to many areas affected. LDS Charities, the social arm of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, rallied Mormon Helping Hands volunteers to help repack relief goods.
LDS Charities, Jollibee highlight humanitarian efforts in Tacloban
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints presented the 2013 Family Values Award (FVA) to Jollibee in recognition of their advocacies that advance standards and values that strengthen the Filipino family. Now on its 8th year, the FVA was held on November 20 in an intimate ceremony at EDSA Shangri-la. Senator Grace Poe co-presented the award together with Elder Brent H. Nielson, Philippines Area President of the Church.
- Mormon Leaders Pay VP Binay a Courtesy Visit
- Philippines Missionary Training Center Dedicated
- Mormon Temple Takes Part in Gabii sa Kabilin
- Mormon Leader Presents Wreath at American Memorial Cemetery
- DSWD, NCFF Celebrates International Day of Families
- Who are the Mormons?
- LDS.org - Find in-depth resources primarily for Church members to help them learn more about the teachings of Jesus Christ.
- CRS, LDS Charities Build Temporary Housing in CDOpablo
- Church Responds to Typhoon Pablo
- Rotary, LDS Charities Continue Wheelchair Partnership in Cebu
- LDS Charities: Changing Filipino Lives
- USNS Mercy, Staffed by Medical Professional Volunteers, Blesses Lives in the Philippines
- Ambassador Cuisia Visits Church Headquarters
- Gatdula, Castro Attend the International Law and Religion Symposium at BYU
- LDS Church Invites Atty. Jeremy Gatdula as International Law and Religion Symposium Delegate
Jesus Christ is central to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which bears His name. Members of the Church believe Jesus is the Son of God, the Only Begotten Son in the flesh (John 3:16). Full Story »
The following series of answers to frequently asked questions about the Church’s teachings should help further illuminate what Latter-day Saints believe. Full Story »
From The Blog
The Mormon Helping Hands program brings together members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and their neighbors to provide community service. These volunteers in their trademark yellow shirts help people whose lives have been affected by natural disasters and other emergencies.Read More »